Everything You Need To Know About Startup Business Insurance In Ontario
Who do you contact?
You can buy insurance from a broker, an agent, or a website or online quoter. Each one will give you a completely different buying experience.
- Broker – A broker represents many companies and usually works under a brokerage.
- Agent – An agent works for one insurance company which means their obligation, first, is to their employer.
- Online quoters – Online quoters have brokers at the back end. In most cases, they will need a phone call and some back and forth. Make sure to do some research on the company. Find out who the brokerage is behind that online quoter.
How long will it take to get business insurance in Ontario?
How much is startup business insurance in Ontario?
The cost of business insurance in Ontario varies greatly. On average, it may cost around $2100. But it could also range from $1000 to $5000.
Some insurance companies will need an upfront payment. While others charge monthly with interest.
What details does the insurance company have to know?
- Business size and locations
- Number of employees
- Revenue and revenue sources
- Equipment and contents